Saturday, February 2, 2008

An Emotional Day


My goal today was to just devote time to watching Pres. Hinkley's funeral. Madison and Kelsie had spent the night with me and we slept in and then I needed to run to Walmart before the funeral started. This was at 10:30 am. I ran into the store and had to get several things. I kept my eye on my watch and was making pretty good time. The closer it got to 11:00 the store just cleared out. I was able to go straight to a check out stand and get out and make it home by the time the funeral started. That was so interesting to me how quiet the store got as if everyone was trying to get home to do what I was planning on doing. I thought the funeral was beautiful. I cried from the beginning to the end. Something touched me from each talk. And I really lost it during the last song and slide show. It was so touching. I hope that you all got a chance to see it.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I was able to watch some of it this morning before we went to church and then see the whole thing this afternoon. I cried also, in fact I went to my 6:00 meeting with red eyes from crying so much. My emotions were very close to the surface all day. I have very tender feelings for President Hinckley.

liz and dennis said...

i cried when i saw his empty chair. but then i didn't cry too much more. still i felt a lot and most of it was good feeling: about what a great man he was and still is, and how wonderful for everyone in the church to have had him all this time. his influence is immeasurable.
also when i watched the news conference yesterday with president monson and presidents eyring and uchdorf, wait, i have to check the spelling of that... it's uchtdorf. i can say it easier than spell it. bednar would have been easier in that regard. however, i loved president uchtdorf's anser yesterday about how he doesn't represent germany but the whole church. i think they will be great. see you soon, i have to go work on something white.
love liz

The Schauerhamers said...

You know how I felt about the funeral... Uncontrollable. Well I was just thinking you should take pictures of your quiet book and then post them on your blog so that the family (or some woman trying to make her own can have some ideas) can see it! It's so cute I think you should show it off a bit.