
I just got back from a great Easter weekend down in Castle Dale. It was nice and low key and I just enjoyed hanging out with the kids. I got to spend quality time with everyone baking, eating, going to church, throwing the softball, watching movies, learning Guitar Hero and other fun things. I hope that you all had a wonderful day and enjoyed your Easter festivities.

The weather was beautiful on Easter and so the kids ate the lovely pork tenderloin dinner outside. The adults had a lovely dinner inside. I am glad we were not dealing with snow drifts like our family up north.

It was a very nice relaxing Easter. We all made a promise that it was going to be a non dramatic weekend. We succeeded in our goal. The most dramatic thing was Leslie's sunburned blistered legs. But I will let Leslie tell you about that.

I got restless finger syndrome and had to do a little project. Liz had a pattern for a dishcloth on the diagonal. It was fun to do and I ended up finishing during the lovely movie that Miranda recommended. Take heed when Miranda recommends a movie it might be a little on the sappy side. We also watched Dan in Real Life and Enchanted which I recommended.

The ceremonial making of the Jello Easter eggs. Come to think of it I never got around to trying any of them.

I put elastics around the eggs and then dyed them and got these pretty stripes on the eggs.

Me trying to be picturesque with my photography. I know it wasn't very successful. It must have been the lack of sunlight.

Banner and I dying eggs. It was little different this year. With just a few of us down in C. D. there were lots of eggs for us to do. She looks like she is taller than me. I believe she was kneeling on the lovely organ bench.

Miranda and Noah making a delicious best ever chocolate sheet cake. We found a new site called Pioneer Woman Cooks. It was a very yummy cake. Miranda baked, and baked and baked all the day long. She made the chocolate cake and then a delicious cheese cake. Hopefully someone will post a picture of it. Leslie also made a delicious pineapple upside down cake. These girls know how to cook but you already know that.
2 comments:
I know you had lots of fun. We will look forward to going down for reunion.
Speaking of reunions, Aren't we in charge of the reunion this year? I think it has to be our turn. If so we better start thinking what we want to do and when we want to do it. the pictures are great. It is so nice to see what everyone else did for Easter and to see everyone who is not with us. You must have had a good Easter. We did too.
Post a Comment