I got back on Saturday from Idaho. I just wanted a little time before Fall and Winter to get away and have a little mini vacation. I found the perfect place to go, Idaho. I was looking forward to relaxing and no responsibilities. There was not much relaxing but I was able to do a lot of fun things with Shelley, Morgan and the little girlies.

I had wanted to go to the Rexburg Temple for a while and so on Tuesday, Morgan, Shelley and myself went and did a session. It is very similar to the Oquirrh Temple in look and layout other than the outside color is white. It was very nice and we had a nice time there. The girls got to stay with Andrew's sister Julie.

Just a few pics of little Lil. She is looking a bit like her Grandpa here. She is such a good baby. Everytime I would smile at her she would smile back. She is so well behaved and so fun to nibble on.

She loves her blanket that Lizzy made her.


I am not sure what was bothering her here.

On Wednesday we went to West Yellowstone for a little adventuring. This was one of the streets we walked down.

All over West Yellowstone they have these painted bison. Leah was tired and needed to take a break with one.

We went to this bear and wolf reserve. They let the bears out to forage for food. There was one there that was about 950 pounds. They were very interesting to watch. The wolves were very lazy and never wanted to get too close to us so I couldn't get a good picture.

Big Grizzly!

Leah took a shower with her Grandma and then found a little something to put on afterwards. This is Shelley's sports bra. It looks like Leah has a bit of a cellulite problem. Really her legs are quite skinny these days. This must have been a bad angle.

Sharing some food with her kitties.

On Thursday they were doing some major harvesting and so we decided to go out and watch. They were up at the Highland Place in Squirrel. My view of the Tetons with some uncut Barley.

This is Leah in the combine. Alan took me and Leah and Morgan for a spin. Obviously she had some boogers that were bothering her. We got up in the combine and were waiting for Alan to come and drive us around. Morgan was wanting to monkey with some of the controls and I said "Don't do it Deiter" She didn't understand the comment so I had to explain about the Pres. Monson and Pres. Uchtdorf story on Air Force One.

Leah at the controls.

Doesn't she look like a little farm girl.

Shelley shared a story about this view of the 3 trees up at Highland. She had a calendar that they had been given by a business or vendor a few years back. She was looking at the pictures on it and saw this view of these 3 trees in the barley field with the Tetons behind it and she knew that it was the view from their own property. I must say that it is a stunning view.

So this is Andrew driving the grain cart. He drives the tractor around and the combines transfer the barley into his red cart and then he transfers it to the trucks that take the grain to the elevators. It is quite the process to see. Andrew seems to have really taken to the farming and looks like he has been doing it for much longer than 3 months.

On Thursday they did not have enough truck drivers and so Shelley had to go out and drive truck and that left me and Morgan to cook dinner for the crew. We made cabbage rolls because they would be easy for them to eat and drive. One of the drivers asked when he saw them " Is them cabbage biscuits" He said it with a southern accent. I thought that was pretty funny.

We also made oatmeal raisin cookies since they are Alan's favorite

On Friday we decided to go to the Eastern Idaho State Fair in Blackfoot. We had to take 2 strollers and it was a good thing we did although Leah much preferred to push her own stroller around. Everywhere we went Lily got lots of attention. I had a group of teenagers say she was the cutest baby they had ever seen. She was an attention getter for sure.

Morgan by some really big horses. There were lots of horses there and they were all really massive. It was fun to see the animals. We also saw goats, pigs, cows, sheep, turkeys, chickens and of course some really cute bunnies which Leah really liked.
We kept really busy for the whole time I was up there which was probably a good thing. I really enjoyed the visit. It is beautiful up there right now and I am so glad that I was able to go and be with family up there for a few days. I miss the little girls though and wish I could seem them more often. Shelley and Morgan, thanks for making it a great visit.

On the evening of Whitney's birthday the kids wanted to play musical chairs. We set it up in the backyard.

They had the chairs spread out through the whole backyard. I ran the music and the neighbors were looking at their windows wondering what crazy things we were doing back there. It was very fun to watch.

Tenny and Kelsie haggling over a chair.
3 comments:
I liked all your Idaho pictures and the birthday party looked really fun. We really had a good time with you. The weather has become hot again, and I hear utah has really had a lot of rain. are you getting any? the pic of Leah in my sports bra is hilarious.
I love the pictures you got of the girls! Oh and them cabbage biscuits look scrum-didly-umptious! They just may be the best things I ever wrapped my lips around. Anyways that's what Lee told my mom on Thursday! Thanks for coming up and having a fun filled week with us!
looks like fun
Post a Comment