Sunday, October 25, 2009

Better Late than Never


For the past week I have had some issues with getting this blog posted. Finally it is working and I can finally put it up. So as most of you were present, I don't have to put up too many details but we had a wonderful experience attending Jonas' baptism. He was very prepared and it went off without a hitch other than a few teenage girls not knowing the song they were asked to sing. Then of course we were able to go to Leslie's endowment session later on that evening. It was a very large session and she had many in attendance to support her and love her through her first of many temple experiences. It was too dark and so we were not able to get pictures of her. We then attended my Stake/Regional Conference on the next day. We were able to hear the prophet again giving us good advice on how to love and serve one another. Then we came back to my place and had a "light luncheon", which of course for Lizzy that means a batch of apple dumplings. We were enjoying a lovely Sunday afternoon and then the great "smoke out" occurred. The juices from the dumplings overflowed into bottom of the oven and the smoke was so strong that we had to run out into my front yard. So of course, that is when the fun really began.
The Culprits

In between all the excitement we were able to get a few cute photos of the kiddies. I love her blue eyes that seem so show up so well in the pictures I see of her.


Little Leah posing so well for me.

Brooks and Maren deep in conversation, probably about her favorite subject, the color pink.

Reunited and it feels so good.

Our little blondies.

Although she looks like she is in pain, this is a smile.

Essie May taking it all in.

She is so fun to cuddle with. And Lily isn't half bad either.
Becky and Lily

Lily is never lacking for arms to hold her.

So after the great smoke out of 2009 we thought we'd make the best of our time in the front yard and of course the games began. This was 500. It is something like Annie I Over in that you have to play it over something. We used Whitney's car. Josh and Noah in action.

My neighbors were probably wondering what in the heck was going on. If any of them was watching us pour out of the house it was quite comical and then all these games and things were even more entertaining to watch.

The game got so wild that the object we were throwing around, of course got hucked onto the roof. Hannah to the rescue.


One of the times Josh threw it from across the street and it actually made a basket as you can see. This was very good photography by someone with perfect timing. We all had a good laugh over that.

Of course, it landed on the roof several times. Hannah, only to happy to volunteer again. I think she likes heights.Then of course the human knot.




We never did become unraveled. We had to cheat a little bit.

A few others getting in on the roof action. I am pretty sure some of the neighbors were ready to call DCFS.


Since Les was on the roof she decided to get a few pictures from above. Notice Jonas and Gabes to the side. I guess they were not quite sure what the heck we were doing. We started off just making the letters and then we decided to time ourselves and get into postition as fast as we could. I wish I would have had a video of it. It was hilarious to see us throwing ourselves on the ground into certain positions. I had sore muscles the next day and figured it must of been because of these stunts.










Are we not the craziest, silliest, coolest, funniest, family you ever did see. And definately number 1 in my eyes.

5 comments:

liz and dennis said...

yes, we certainly are. those are great pictures of a great weekend. the weather was beautiful and we were all together. that was the best. thanks for letting us all crowd into your very welcoming home. i'm looking forward to the next get together.

Anne Adele said...

Sara, I love your post. I laughed out loud when I figured out what y'all were spelling.
In honor of your smoking oven I decided to put my oven through the clean cycle today. I started it early this morning and now it almost done. At 7:30 am there was a faint pall of smoke throughout my house, but it is now gone and soon I will be ready to bake again. The air in my house has that burned smell and the atmosphere is very dry and crispy. It is a good thing I went out this morning and did my visiting teaching, so I missed out on the delight of oven cleaning mode. Actually I don't know why I am complaining, the spray on stuff was so much worse and then you had to wipe it all down. And before that there was a noxious mix that came in a bottle and you had to paint it on and wait hours for it to work. I remember it from my really young days.
Even though I couldn't be with you last weekend it warmed my heart to see pictures of Noah and Becky with you. I love that they are so close to you and can be with you and the rest of the family on these days. I always wish that the rest of us could have been with you, but we are here and doing well, working hard and trying to make good choices.

Alan and Shelley said...

I totally missed the spelling/body game. Was I having a nap? It is kind of hard when I wake up and find out that once again I have been asleep when everyone was having a blast. Those were some really good pictures, and I'm glad you posted them; even late.

Becky said...

I'm guessing the smiley face didn't quite turn out at the end of "Jorgensen #1." :) What a good day. Noah and I had so much fun.

Stacy said...

That was such a fun and good weekend. It seems that there are less and less of them. So we must have fun when they take place.