Sunday, March 28, 2010

In the words of Neil Diamond "Hello Again, Hello"


Hello, I am back. I know I am such a slacker. I only have myself and my computer to blame. My computer because Adobe Photoshop is gone from my computer and myself because I have not felt like anything too exciting was going on. I made a committment to blog and so this is my attempt at redeeming myself.

My latest project. I have a YW advisor who is having a little boy. I wanted to do something special for her and so I got out the old scraps and used Jenny's idea of the zig zag quilt and also counted it as one of my YW Personal Progress Projects. This was my 10 hour project for Good Works. We were going to throw her a baby shower on Tues. I found out today in church that she had the baby early. I think we will still have the shower and take over the gifts to her after.
Jenny did the quilting. I think she calls this her puzzle stitch.

I think it turned out very cute. I think baby Gage will love to be wrapped in it. I did flannel on the back for coziness.




The kids having a little tea party. I don't even remember which birthday or dinner it was. They look like they are enjoying the little dishes.


This was the weekend that Morgan and Andrew were in town when my new carpet got put in.



This was the Tall Tower of furniture in the dining room. We had to take advantage of the space and get everything out of the other rooms that were getting new carpet.




Leah enjoying the luxury of soft carpet.

Leah had an apprecation for Little Mommy just as I always have.

Little grinny girl



Looking forward to Easter and having family around and of course listening to General Conference. I hope you all have a great week.















4 comments:

The Schauerhamers said...

Thanks for the pictures of my girls! I love the quilt. It turned out so cute. And I'm sure Gage will love cuddling in it. I have yet to get mine to Crystal. Everyone seems to be having babies lately it's kind of exciting. I just made some little PeePee Teepees for a girl in our ward who is expecting twins along with some nursing cover clips. WE are looking forward to coming down on Friday. I hope I can get everything together before then. I have been a little more involved in our school musical than I expected, though it has been a lot of fun doing a little blocking and brainstorming with the Walkers. I have some fun ideas for dying easter eggs that I want to try out and I have to get together an Arrow of Light award presentation for Wed. Seems like I have a lot to do and all I want to do is sit and watch TV and relax. Oh well.... see you later. ;)

Jennifer said...

The quilt did turn out very cute. We will be up on Wednesday morning and stay that night. I wish we could stay the whole weekend but we need to be home.

Stacy said...

I know your friend and baby will love that quilt. I think she should put it right on the crib. Let's work hard this week!

Anne Adele said...

I lika your new carpet. It looks like it is even fun to vacuum. I wish I had been there for the tall tower of furniture. I think you could have made it even taller with a little more effort.