Sunday, November 28, 2010

Top 10 Things Overheard During Thanksgiving Weekend 2010

Number 10.  "The cows are out"  At Jenny and Jim's house the Hinkins cows got out and Josh, Tenny, Kelsie and Whit had to do a little herding.
Number 9.  "Are the Utes going to put any points on the board?"  It was interesting to watch the rivalry game with such a mix of BYU and Utah fans.  I'm not sure that Utah deserved the win but they got it.
Number 8.  "Why is Jim writhing on the floor like a  mermaid?"  You had to be there to see this one.  It was the charade game and Jim was acting out Ariel.
Number 7.  "Robey, Robey!"  Maren's response when Robey was found after a year of being lost.  It was lost at  the house last year during Christmas.
Number 6.  "Is that Mother Theresa or Kim Jung il?  I can't really explain this one.  A comment from Becky when we were playing this new game that Becky and Noah taught us.  It was very fun and we will need to play it again soon.
Number 5.  "Papa Papa"  Esme started calling Dennis Papa.  We don't know if it is because of the gray hair or if is because we talk about Grandpa's house and she is just trying to figure out who Grandpa is.
Number 4.  "What happened to Snowmaggedon?"  Utah was supposed to be hit by a huge snowstorm this past week and it completely fizzled out and we got some snow in Salt Lake but nothing in Central or Southern Utah.  Incidentally, we came home during a snowstorm today and I now have a foot of snow on my table in the backyard.
Number 3.  "We have another name for Jonas' privates, Tiny Winey".  Jonas had been hit in the crotchadoodle by Maren when they were playing.  She then announced that they had another name for his privates.  Then Jonas corrected her and called them his privrates.  We all had a good laugh after I shared the story later with those who had not been there.
Number 2.  "Oh no, not another flare-up".  This was written by Miranda as a part of the funny new game.  It actually started with a story that Becky shared with us about one of her family members that can spontaneously and conveniently have Crohns Disease flare-ups.  Hilarious!
Number 1.  "I am not here for the love and happiness.  I am here for the food"  Stated by Jonas at the tea party.

I forgot my camera and so I have no cool photos.  My photos are not so cool anyway because my camera is kind of lame compared to all of the newfangled ones that you all have.  I had a great time down home and hope that all of you had a great Thanksgiving weekend.  Now it is time for the Christmas decorations to go up.

4 comments:

Alan and Shelley said...

I think Jonas may be one of the funniest people in our family. Do you think he knows he's being funny or do you think he's just innocent and cute. I think he knows and has a very dry sense of humor. Wish I had seen Jim writhing.

liz and dennis said...

great quotes from a great thanksgiving weekend. the house seems very quiet with everyone gone. also i like your new blog wallpaper or whatever it's called.

Anne Adele said...

I love what everyone was saying and commenting on during the Thanksgiving break. I wish I could have been there and heard all of these things for myself.

Rebecca, John & Gabe said...

It sounds like everyone had a great time in CD. Ours was quiet, but nice. I'll catch up on our blog this weekend sometime.