Sunday, May 29, 2011

Enjoying a Little Time at Home

Since getting home from vacation there has been a lot of yard work to catch up on.  While we were in Europe experiencing great weather it was raining here.  I am so glad that it worked out that way.  I came home to green, green, green.  And it rained again last night so I will not have to put the sprinklers on for a bit yet.  I have just been trying to get lots done around here before I have to return to work on Tuesday.  It has been so nice to not have to work for more than two weeks.
I missed the lilacs blooming but the snowball bush which Esme calls the "meatball bush" is in full bloom.  They are the only flowers I will be able to take to Grandpa and Grandma Thomas' and Nana's graves.   
I don't think the lawn has ever been this green.  I love it.  I got the beds weeded and got the new mulch in.  I love looking into my backyard.  Now all I need to do is get rid of the voles.  I tried the Juicy Fruit gum method.  I am not sure if that just made them mad or what.  They are alive and well and still digging holes in my back lawn. 
I finally made it to one of Hannah's softball games.  It was the last one but I was there.  Here she is in left field waiting for a ball to come her way.
Maren enjoying the ball field experience. 
I did not ask them to be so serious but I like how the picture turned out.

I picked up from dancing and came back to "I spy Jonas".  Of course she wanted to get up there as well.  I told Jonas he had to dust up there and all the ledges and shelves in order for her to get up there in her dance leotard.  He did it.
She made it.  She is happy.  You can tell by the toe pointing.
I can't believe I let them do this.  I even gave Jonas cinnamon toast to eat while he was up there.  What a treat.

Hope you are all having a great Memorial weekend.  I am trying to savor every minute of it because I know this Summer is going to be crazy.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

What a neat aunt to let the kids eat treats up in special places at her house. That is something they will remember.

The Schauerhamers said...

I remember the first time that I played sardines with the kids in your house and we found that "special" spot. I laughed out loud when I read that you had given Jonas cinnamon toast! So funny. We're getting anxious to come down to UT next weekend. Should be exciting!
(p.s. Been watching MI-5, love it!)