Saguaro cactuses pervade the Phoenix area. I was surprised by how many there are. This one is behind the house.
We had some fun in the pool. It was a little chilly because the heater is not working but we got used to the cool water.
Tenny doing her Little Mermaid impression.
I wish this pool was in my backyard.
There is a wall to the North of their house and this lizard kept running back and forth on it and then would do some type of push up motion. It was funny to watch him.
Shelley and I went to the Mesa Temple last Wednesday. We went in the temple and it was sunny. We came out in the middle of a rainstorm.
It was nice to see all of the palm trees.
We also visited Carefree. It is this fun little town with an old West section and a fun shopping area which we hung out in. Had lunch at a great little grill al fresco.
Lots of cool cacti in Carefree.
I had a great time in Phoenix. It was such a nice relaxing vacation. It was fun to stay in a house but still feel like you are somewhere new and exciting and on vacation and with such great weather.
The granite was installed this morning along with the hardware. Josh and Stacy and family came over tonight to help me start putting things away. I am rearranging some things. It will take me awhile to remember where I put everything. This picture does not really do this granite justice. I love it and it is beautiful. You know how sometimes when you choose things without really knowing how it is all going to look together. Well that is what I did about a month and some ago. I love how this all turned out. The kitchen does indeed look bigger. Now I just have to get the sink and dishwasher plumbed and then start on the lighting and painting and blinds. I will get it done eventually. I hope to have everything just the way I want it by July.
The granite has a lot of movement which is what I picked it for. I can't wait to have this all behind me soon.
Now I have to pick just the perfect shade of blue and beige for the walls.




5 comments:
Wow! I love it, looks amazing in the pictures and I'm sure that it will look even better in real life. Glad you had such a good time in AZ we loved it down there too. We are looking forward to spending some time with everyone soon, it will be my last chance to travel before the baby comes. :)
The kitchen looks so fine. Rachel and I get to see it in person in a couple of weeks. I'm all excited and feeling good.
It looks beautiful. There's not many things better than a newly remodeled kitchen. So glad you went with the granite. Jim and I are excited to get down to Cedar and see Miranda and Aldo's new house. I hear it's quite spacious.
Yes, I like that granite and your cupboards are beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing it all put together in a few weeks. Yay!
It looks like your trip was a great time had by all! I am glad that I had something planned, or I would have been way jealous! The kitchen is really beautiful.
Post a Comment