Saturday, May 19, 2012

Getting There

I am sitting here on my couch completely exhausted from putting in 7 hours of manual labor,  but I am going to gird up my loins and do a posting because there has been progress on the kitchen.  On Thurs. Whit and I went to Home Depot (my home away from home these past few days) and got some paint swatches.  I decided on Aqua Pura because I was going for a robin egg blue to compliment the white cabinets. On Friday we went back and got the blue and white paint.  The cashier recognized us from the previous night.  Good Memory.  On Thursday we had puttied and sanded and were all set to go on Friday when we got home with the paint.  Whitney has been so good to help me and I really appreciate all that she has done.  Josh, Hannah and Jonas have also been part of the painting crew.  Becky and Noah even came by on Friday night to see and Noah helped out with some difficult high and hard to reach places.  Anyway I am definitely getting near the end of the big projects.
This is the new stainless steel sink.  I went with just single sink because I rarely do dishes by hand because I have an amazing dishwasher.  

 I had to scrub all of the appliances because they were covered with dust and grime.  I am considering a back splash of sorts.  I am not sure yet if I will.  I guess it depends upon how greasy it gets behind the stove when I am occasionally  fryin up chow.  

I had the dishwasher switched so it is more ergonomic and easier to put away dishes.  
Now I just have to get my  lighting done and switch out my outlets to white.  Then it will be time to have the blinds measured and put in.   Oh there is still some painting to do in the dining area.  I am going to switch things up with a light brown beige sort of color.
 The blue of the paint is reflecting on the peninsula cupboard and makes it look blue but it is still really white.  I am learning lessons in patience with this project but in the end it will be very worth it.  Heck! it's worth it now.  I have a functioning kitchen and can actually start cooking again.  YEAH!!!!!!   And I love the choices that I made.  Oh and I am going to do some decorating in the kitchen to tie in a few other colors to warm it up a bit.  

Just a Reminder of The Before
And
After
Such a difference.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love it. We are all so lucky that Whitney enjoys helping with projects.

Anne Adele said...

Wow. It looks so good. I love the contrast between the cabinets and the dark floor. It's so crisp and clean.

Stacy said...

Very Pretty!