Sunday, August 3, 2008

A little time with Maren

On Saturday I needed to do some yardwork. Hannah had spent the night and was already at my house. Stacy and the kids came over. I talked her into letting Kelsie stay and help me with some yardwork. And of course Maren stayed to help out as well. She helped out by being really cute as usual. She went around picking flowers while the rest of us mowed the lawn and weeded the flower beds. We got a lot accomplished. Hannah helped me do some deep cleaning of the kitchen earlier. They were very helpful.
Some of the flowers that Maren picked
Maren wanted me to put all the flowers into her hair.


While at my house, Maren found a doll, a blanket and the little rocking chair. She wanted to rock her baby and then decided that the baby needed a little nourishment. The other day I was over at Josh and Stacy's. Maren had a little stuffed bear that she was feeding that day. She was talking to herself and saying how she needed to change sides and then she said she needed the dog bone. I was confused for a few minutes and then remembered that the dog bone is that stuffed dog bone shaped thing that Stacy uses when she is nursing the baby. She was creative and made her own dog bone thing. Maren was so cute and so serious about getting the job done. She was kind of embarrased that we had caught her doing it again at my house but not embarrased enough to quit when we got the camera out. She's a good little mommy.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Funny how she has been doing that lately! Not just nursing, but playing with dolls. With an older brother, she never really has done that till just recently. I guess I will start looking for cute dolls for Christmas.

Alan and Shelley said...

Maren is so cute. I'm jealous that you get to see the kids s much and I have to wait and see them on blogs. How's work? are you going to take anymore time off this summer?

Alan and Shelley said...

You need to post the picture that you have for your blog title on your blog. I want a copy of it.