Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Doings




It sounds like you all had a great Christmas. I did too. I wanted to share a few things that made it so fun. We had a nice Christmas Eve Party at Josh and Stacy's. Stacy's tradition is Mexican food on Christmas Eve. She did Cafe Rio recipes and it was really yummy. The question of the night, "Black or Pinto".


Essie in the cupboard. Do you recognize that line? For you Silas Marner fans, it was actually "Eppie in the cupboard'


Enjoying the delicious chips and salsa. That is always a favorite with the kids.

Later we had a wonderful Nativity program. Samuel the Lamanite is pictured above. We did not have arrows but we had some socks that we threw at her.
We sang songs throughout the program, which made it even more special. Gabe took his role as Joseph very seriously. He held onto Mary's shoulder throughout the presentation.

Essie was supposed to play baby Jesus but she was a little too active. Here she looks like a little shepherd perhaps admiring the new baby. Actually she ripped the baby out of his manger.
The wise man "Kelsie" gave the gift of gold in the likes of a lovely gold comb that she placed in Jesus' hair. And then a lovely badge was given to the Babe.

It was most appropriate, don't you think.

We had only one animal present in our stable. Jonas made a lovely sheep.
Shelley and Alan had my name for Christmas and they gave me these lovely diamond and sapphire earrings and a few other things. I tried to take a picture with them in but it did not turn out very well. I really like them and have worn them for 2 days straight. Maybe I will give them a rest today.
Hannah and I worked hard on setting a lovely Christmas table. We even got on line and learned to fold the napkins in the crown shape. Notice the lovely centerpeice. It is still alive. Thanks Miranda.
We had a wonderful dinner. John bought the prime rib and I cooked it. With lots of instructions and help. We had lovely side dishes and lovely conversation. Actually I can't remember what we talked about but I am sure it was lovely.


It was perfection. Just the right amount of pink.
I also had a great time talking to most of you on the phone, hearing about your fun day. I was able to talk to Whitney 2 times on the phone. She has a bit of an accent. When she answered the phone the second time, she answered it in Spanish and I did not recognize her voice. I thought she was her companion. She had a good laugh. It was great to talk to her and hear her voice again. I love that girl. Hope you are all enjoying a little holiday break. At least I get a few more days off for New Years next week.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Thanks for all the pictures! I didn't get very many, we were busy with the video camera.

Alan and Shelley said...

I didn't hear about the gifts of the magi. I love the gold comb, and missionary badge. Totally awesome. We had a lovely Christmas as well, and are so glad you are enjoying your Christmas gifts. We loved picking them out and giving them to you. thanks for sharing all your pics with us. What a sweet little shepherd that Essie makes. I love her little kankle.

The Schauerhamers said...

I figure it is time for me to leave comments on people's blogs. SO yours is the first. It looks like you guys had as much of an eventful nativity as we did here in Idaho. We also had a prime rib dinner, ours, however, was quite different coming from the Schauerhamer family, I'll tell you more about it later when we are back together in SLC. Leah is loving all of the attention she gets from everyone. She may come back a little spoiled. Well we would like to hear how your New Years goes so post some pics!