
Morgan reminded me tonight that I have not blogged my house that was so kindly decorated with lots of helping hands last Monday night. This year I decided to simplify and just do 1 tree instead of 2 like I did last year. The tree is covered with not a bare branch. I really like the look. I love decorating the tree and reminiscing about each ornament. I have ornaments from many places that I have visited. I have an ornament that I got back in Primary when I was little. I have ornaments that Mom picked out for me. I have little rams that I bought last year to remind me of Dad. I have ornaments that family members have given to me and I even have ornaments with Leslie and Whitney's names on them. I suppose I will give them to the girls at some point. The tree holds many memories.


This is a project that I did last year at my ward's Super Saturday. I like the thought of the 3 wise men hanging out on top of my TV.

Morgan did a nice job with the bannister. She really got it looking cute with the added ribbon and poinsettias.


I wanted to have some fresh flowers around Christmas. I started most of these bulbs back in November. The Paper Whites seem to always bloom first. I cannot wait to see what the amaryllis bulbs do.
It has been a great weekend. I so enjoyed going to the temple with everyone. What a wonderful opportunity it was. I am so happy that I got to be there with Miranda and most all of you on her special day. We are truly blessed to have the temple in our lives which makes the plan of salvation complete.
2 comments:
The house looks great! What nice helpers. Just kidding. I love decorating and that's why you will probably see me tonight at Josh and Stacy's to do the ceremonial decorating of their house. Leah isn't feeling well today, I hope she gets better soon. I finally got a substitute for the 17th, I'm so excited. I guess we will have to plan on getting to some of the Open house on the 16th, considering Miranda really wanted us to be there.....:) We'll see, huh. Well see ya later.
I loved reading about how some ornaments are special to you. I am also happy to hear that you had lots of help with your decorating. It makes it so much more enjoyable when you have people who can reminisce with you when you decorate for Christmas. That's one of my favorite parts. I thought you did a Lizzie on your tree. I can still see green, so I don't think your tree has been raised to full Lizzie status. Maurie teases me about our tree. When it is done I have it totally covered and I'm looking for more spaces to put on more ornaments. In fact just writing to you makes me excited for when I get my own tree up and smothered in ornaments.
Post a Comment