
So we have made plans to do a bridal shower for Becky over Easter Weekend in Castle Dale. Probably something on Saturday afternoon after the annual ceremonial Easter Egg Hunt. By the way who wants to be in charge of that? So I was thinking small and fun with just family. Any objections? I am not going to do invitations, just this little announcement here. I am hoping to do a tea party of sorts. We shall see. I am open to any ideas.
I am also open to any recipes that you may want to share. I was hoping to start a recipe box for Becky and I thought it would be fun to have recipes from the whole family to give her at the shower. Let me know if you have any that you want to include.Speaking of shower gifts. I was trying to decide what to do. I was looking through my above collection of fabric. I wish it was better arranged to show all that I have to offer, but anyway. I chose a quilt pattern that I always imagined doing for one of my nephews. So it is with Noah in mind that I am doing it but I will give it to Becky just the same. I had a bit of a struggle and got a week behind because I forgot how difficult it is to sew triangles together and that you can't line them up flush. Anyway it has been a minor quilting miracle but I have finally figured it out. I have noticed that all quilt books and magazines show their quilts much bigger than the actual pattern is. So I am having to do a few more squares than I anticipated but good thing I am adaptable and that the Cotton Shop is nearby.
I was very happy to be able to use fabric that I have just had around. Some of you may recognize some of the prints.




3 comments:
The quilt looks good. We're excited to get together for Easter.
oh, thanks for reminding me about those pictures...i may already have them in my pictures...i'll check. those quilt blocks look great and i think it will be a wonderful quilt. can't wait to see you all at easter.
Morgan told me you're going to Cedar this weekend, and I guess you know we're making an impromptu trip to SLC. Darn, would have liked to see you and talk to you (and Hannah too). Would it be alright if we camped at your house? We will be coming down on Friday and leaving Sunday afternoon. I'm making an easter dress for Leah and am going to measure her while I'm there. It should be really cute. You and Jennifer and your quiltiness are inspiring me. Not to make a quilt, but to sew. Cute quilt top. Maybe I will do the easter egg hunt, with some help from teen-aged girls. Zack is having his first interview with the Bp. manana.
Post a Comment