Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

So I hope that all of you had a great Mother's Day. I will be honest, I never really look forward to Mother's Day since Mom died and for other obvious reasons I just kind of get through it but yesterday was really quite a nice day. We had a very nice program in church and then we had planned to have an afternoon BBQ at my house. We ate outside for the first time since I have moved into this house because the backyard is actually starting to seem like a backyard. Morgan and Andrew gave me a beautiful hanging basket. I forgot to take a picture of it and if I was not in my nightgown right now I would. Stacy gave me this Calla Lily plant. I have never had one before. It is beautiful. Hannah gave me a necklace that I know she really made for her mother and it is very cute and I wish that I also had a picture of it and then Jonas made me a lovely card that is now posted on my fridge.

It is a few months behind in my backyard so I still have tulips blooming back there. I love the color of these and wanted to share them with you all.

Jonas wanted me to blog this spaceship that he made from the Good and Plenty box. So I promised I would and so here it is. He is very creative, don't you think?

Notice the fence in the background. Thanks to Alan and Andrew the backyard is looking much better. Alan let me borrow the paint sprayer and Andrew finished the task this past week. Just a little more to do in the front yard and it will all be done. Josh, Andrew and Morgan are enjoying the lovely steak and chicken that we grilled.

Kelsie thinking that he needed to work on her tan. We brought out blankets and of course the geomatt so my back would not seize up from the hard ground. We just lounged around outside and had a fun afternoon.

Leah is such a good eater. She ate all of her food and then started working on Essie and Maren's plates. Kind of like Dad used to do. We thought it was so cute.

The kids always love it when I get the little table out. They love having things on their level. Essie hanging out.

Look at that little face. She actually has a cut on her upper lip because on Friday night she decided to step onto the bedside table in the upstairs guestroom and it came tumbling down on top of her along with the lamp. She was pretty shook up.

I love this picture of Leah.

Now for the Lily update.

We had to prop her up pretty good.

Looking a little like her Uncle Zack.


This is really what she does best. My favorite thing to do with Lily is to bury my nose into her fluffy brown hair. It is the best feeling in the world. And she always smells so good.



Finally after trying to phone Whitney we got a hold of her around 9;00pm. It was so good to hear her voice. Jonas, Hannah and Kelsie stayed here late so they could talk with her. I think it was a little emotional for her to talk to the kids. It was great conversation and she had Morgan and me laughing as usual. It was great. It really was a wonderful day. I think the Lord knew I needed it and he gave me a day full of love and family. Hope your day was just as good.










3 comments:

Stacy said...

Who is Mr Lee? Great post! I think my kids will now always start giving you all of the jewelry, because I am such a slacker at wearing it. That little Lily is such a little doll. I wanted to be holding her, smelling her nice hair as I was looking at your post. The kids were so excited to talk to Whit! Thanks for having us over.

The Schauerhamers said...

that was such a good day! I loved every minute of it. The dinner was fantastic and the lounging in the sun was perfect and talking to whit was so much fun. I am glad you like your flowers! And yeah are you and Mr. Lee going to be friends? :)

Alan and Shelley said...

Happy Mother's Day on Thursday. I'm just getting around to looking at the new posts. I don't know what I've been doing, but I haven't kept up. Morgan said you all had a lovely day and that everybody was glad to be with you at your house. I know she was. I love my li'l Lil. She really does have a Zack-iness to her. I knew she looked like a little Armenian when i first saw her. Such a sweetie. Thanks for sharing the pics. See you soon.