Thursday, November 12, 2009

Birthday and My Little Piece of History

Any ideas what this is? You will probably never guess.
So this past week when I was watching news about the 20 year anniversary of the Berlin Wall coming down I remembered my little piece of history. I suddenly remembered and went ransacking through my closets until I found my chunk of the wall. When I was in England in '91-'92 I met a family that lived in Germany during the time the wall came down. He was in the British Army serving on a base there. They had made a trip to East Germany after the wall came down and got a large chunk of the wall. During one of our visits with them they got out their piece of the wall to show us and I asked if they would break me off some. They gave me this little piece. You can see the paint on it that was part of bigger graffiti.

Last Friday for my birthday and Stacy's we decided to go to The Roof restaurant. I had never been there and so I was excited to go. In fact only Josh had been there before. Shelley was down for a few days and so she went with us. We had lots of yummy food. There of course was lots to choose from and we were stuffed when finally got up to leave. The temple view was from the The Roof.
The famous creme brulee We all really enjoyed it. I remember when Lizzy got obsessed with it after her visit there.
More yummy desserts. It was hard to get pictures there with my camera because of the lighting.

Then on Saturday I made a cake for Stacy and myself so that we could have a little party that the kids could be a part of. Maren was very happy to help put the candles on. We had a fun weekend. I didn't get as many pics as I was hoping to, oh well. Oh by the way it feels just lovely to be 41. I think Stacy feels the same about 37. I think that's what age she is now.

Looking forward to next weekend down in C.D. to see Tenny's stage debut.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

It looks like you and Stacy both had a good birthday. Isn't the Roof where Caroline's wedding breakfast was held? If so that is the only time I have been there. Happy belated birthday to you.

Alan and Shelley said...

It was a fun birthday party on Friday. But I went overboard on the dessert buffet. We should have jogged home to wear it off. Hope the little afternoon party was fun. Had a primary meeting Tues, RS last night, I worked at the temple today, have two receptions this weekend, a baptism Sat. evening and Priesthood preview on Sunday. Please, I'm wishing I could get away again. Didn't realize I was so booked when I talked to you last week.

The Schauerhamers said...

We really want to come down sometime soon. Maybe we could come down on Friday the 4th of Dec. and stay until the 7th or 8th. We just have scout stuff on the 2nd 3rd and in the afternoon on the 8th. We could do some Christmas shopping or just come to hang out. I want to make most of my Christmas presents to family. I can't say for sure that that's what we'll do but I can't think of anytime sooner and it wouldn't be worth it to go any later since we'll be going down to CD for Christmas. Well anyways I'm glad you had a good birthday, I was actually pretty depressed that day because I wanted to be there with you and Stacy so bad. Oh well. I"m glad you guys had a good time at the Roof and your day after party.

Stacy said...

I have found all the dessert on my hips this past week. But it was worth it. Feeling much better today with your good advice. We are hopefully all on the mend.

liz and dennis said...

dear sara,
i'm so glad you had a fun birthday; the roof is a great place to go once in a while. maybe dennis and i can go there again at some point. right now we're busy getting leslie ready for her big adventure. between working and sewing (with a little knitting squeezed in) i'm pretty busy all the time. tomorrow the ward ladies are having a mission 'shower' for leslie. then sunday i have meetings starting at seven a.m. i have managed to keep on aquasizing most evenings which gives me more energy to do the other things. anyway, i'm looking forward to being in slc for thanksgiving, but i have to work the two preceding days, as usual, so dennis and i probably won't drive up til early that a.m. we have to come home early on sunday to be at our sacrament meeting at one so leslie and i can sing. well, happy birthday, i did think about you on that day, truly i did, but i knew you were doing something fun with some family and i was happy for you. love liz