For Thanksgiving I was in charge of the Turkey and doing some appetizers. I decided on a cheese ball and so I wanted to share the recipe with you all. It makes one small sized cheese ball. Double the recipe for a large one or 2 smaller ones.1-8oz block of cream cheese softened
1 cup of grated cheddar, sharp is good
finely chopped green onions to taste
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp lemon pepper
You can add a little blue cheese for a stronger taste.
Place waxed paper or plastic wrap in a bowl and then spoon in mixture. Round into a ball and set in fridge to chill for a few hours. Then roll in sliced almonds or chopped pecans. And then of course serve with crackers. Yum! Stay tuned for next weeks recipe. It's going to be a good one.
1 cup of grated cheddar, sharp is good
finely chopped green onions to taste
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp lemon pepper
You can add a little blue cheese for a stronger taste.
Place waxed paper or plastic wrap in a bowl and then spoon in mixture. Round into a ball and set in fridge to chill for a few hours. Then roll in sliced almonds or chopped pecans. And then of course serve with crackers. Yum! Stay tuned for next weeks recipe. It's going to be a good one.
Essie chumming up to Jim so she could play with his phone. Notice the pick-pocket action.
We had an excellent weekend together. My favorite things about the weekend.
Excellent Company
Not having to travel
Very moist turkey(I bought a fresh one)
Being with family
Not having to work a full week
Great food
Great games(missionary tag-Dennis, Alan and Josh with linked arms)
Getting my work outs in while having lots of fun at the church




3 comments:
I'm glad you guys had such a good weekend. It was fun for us too. I was glad not to travel. I especially like the picture of all of you digesting the food, mainly because Leslie's face if you click on the picture. Talk about payback for all those bad pictures she takes of everyone else. :) I am getting way excited for Christmas though I feel like I have a ton to do. I"m off to Rexburg today to get some more Christmas lights for my live tree and to get some enbroidery floss for the cross stitched stockings I'm making for the girls. We had our ward Party last night and tonight is Pack Meeting and torrow night is Round Table. Talk about a ton of stuff to do! Well good luck getting ready for the holidays and love the IDEA of the cheese ball. For now I'll just savor the picture!
It was a very good time, although I know it was very hard for my mom. Bridge can help her through Christmas. I am also still cleaning gravy off of my oven and floor.
I'm sad we missed it this year but it looks like you guys had a blast as usual. :) Noah and I most definitely will be attending Sunday dinner next week. Just let us know what time and what to bring and we'll be there!
Post a Comment