For a week or two in the Spring my yard looks really nice with all my bulbs in bloom. My camera does it no justice but the yard looks really nice and I love looking at it. The backyard is a week or 2 behind so I will have tulips for a few more weeks. The weather has been beautiful and it seems more like May than April. I think there is a storm that is coming in tomorrow.
The creeping phlox is starting to take hold.
Essie taking in the flowers or more like contemplating which petals to pull off.
Liz and Dennis and Tenny came up for the weekend and so we did some baking of course. Maren was helping Lizzy with the tarts.
I asked Jonas to do a project for me. My mailbox has been looking very pathetic since the day I moved into the house. I finally had the bright idea to put Buddy on the task. I had leftover stain from the fence and he went to work. Now I need to spray paint the actual box.
He did a very good job.
After painting the mailbox stand he came in the house and learned how roll out rolls. What a renaissance boy. We made our version of Parkerhouse rolls and of course cabbage burgers known by some as "them cabbage biscuits"
Yummy Tarts!
So Kelsie went to Prom this past weekend. I went over and took part in the photo shoot.
Little Sis needed to be in on the photo action.
Kelsie being her cheesy self.
Kelsie and her homemade clutch purse to match her dress.So I just got home from Mutual tonight. I was in charge of the activity. The YM and YW were combined for the activity and I just thought it would be fun to play games. I did one in were they had to go around and get initials from different people who for instance; someone who is left handed, someone who has not seen Avatar, someone who is an Eagle Scout, someone who has a family member on a mission. We made a contest of it and who ever got the most initials in a certain amount of time won a candy bar. Then we all played Fruit Basket. No one had ever played it before, suprising to me. Needless to say they all loved it. They are asking when we can play it again. Then we ate Creamies. How easy was that.
Hope you are all having a great week.




2 comments:
I love the reference to "em cabbage bis kits." Shoot that was funny! I forgot that you were here during harvest last year. That was fun! I love all of the spring pictures. I have a small clump of dafodils that are blooming right now too. I feel like I need to do some yard work as well but who knows a blizzard may come in the next couple of days! Sheesh! Plus I'm really busy doing a bunch of other stuff. I hope you read that my mom isn't coming home tomorrow night her flight has been delayed. HOpefully I find out soon what's up with that. Well for now enjoy your good weather!
P>S> I"m a little jealous thta you got those delicious tarts! Why won't Liz and Dennis just come to ID?!?!?
I am glad that Jonas and Maren were helpful. I know it can be more work than not to have the bunch around. I am so glad you got that car photo, because all of mine had K.C. in the way.
Post a Comment