Saturday, May 8, 2010

Adventures in Cedar City

So last week I was invited down for Miranda's graduation. Whit and I drove down together and had a chance to stay at Ye Old Stratford. Let's just say they provide much more service during the Summer months. But it was fun to stay there with Tenny and Whit.
Look at Brooks. Has anyone ever seen him smile that big before. He must have been happy Miranda was finally done with school. Her sister's are all wanna be graduates holding up their programs. Their time will come. I hope to attend each of their graduations in the future.
We went to dinner together on Friday night after we got there. A truly delightful Chinese buffet in little Cedar City. We found some special treats at this buffet...
They basically dared me to eat this purple octopus that was pictured above. I happen to love chewy, squeaky, fishy, food. No one else would join me in the challenge.
Notice we invited Weird Al to dinner, and he did indeed honor us with his presence. We were a little weirded out by his flashy ensemble and asked him to sit in the corner.
Miranda looking for her future. Whit and Tenny just trying to stay warm. It was a freezing that morning. The commencement was at 8:30am, and the cars were covered in frost. We didn't come prepared for such crisp temperatures.
Tennyson Curie. Banner looks doubtful as to what she is witnessing, true greatness or another goofy moment. We know it to be the latter.
Ah, she finally found her niche, acting.


So I came home from work on Friday to a shorn lawn and a few new things on the porch. Whit and Madi had spent the day together and had decided to do me a favor. I think they had seem my "to do list" on the cupboard. It was very much appreciated when they mowed the whole yard and even fertilized for me. Then I guess they went to a nursery and got some Mother's/Aunt's Day gifts. Whit bought the cute hanging planter and the beginnings of an herb garden. I love the colors in the planter. They are so bright and very eye catching. Bless Madi's heart she bought me the rhubarb plant which made me very excited about having my own plant for the yearly making of the beloved syrup. I spent today planting a container herb garden and container cherry tomato plant. I hope they thrive. I also finished off the mailbox project by spray painting it silver. I woke up early to go up with our Stake to do a camp clean up. We had to drive an hour each way to get there and then I needed to treat myself to a little something special. I went to my neighborhood nail salon and had a pedicure. The feet are looking good, but for how long remains to be seen.

I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day. I will be thinking of you all and thinking of Mom. I have cut lilacs in my house right now and they always remind me of her.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cedar City was fun, I'm glad you and Whit could join us. We meant to sent a rhubarb start home with Whitney a couple of weeks ago but forgot. I'm glad you got one from Madison. Happy Mother's/Aunt Day.

Alan and Shelley said...

Happy Mother's Day Sara. Just got off the phone with Zack a few minutes ago. It was so good to talk to him. I need to come to Utah, its too cold here in ashton. i need some sun! Loved the post, its fun to see what's happening with everyone else as we go about our daily lives. I can't believe you eat octopus. Yikes!