Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Great Summer!

So it has been awhile since I have been able to properly blog.  So much has happened and it has been quite an eventful Summer and I want to update this blog.  I have been able to get a few projects done and so I thought I would start out with them. 

I did this little quilt for one of the YW advisors who is having a baby boy in Sept.  We did a shower for her for one of our Mutual activities.  A lot of the R.S. sisters showed up too.  It was fun to show off the yard and put it to use.  
When I was down in Castle Dale I saw these patterns that Les had drawn of the fruits for embroidery.  I did a set for myself or for anyone who needs them and then I wanted to do a set for Whit as a house warming gift as she had moved into a new place.  So I did this set with the Spanish names.  I loved how they turned out.  I am working on a few hot pads for her now as she told me that she was having to remove things from the oven with a pair of her jeans.  Morgan and I just laughed and then got to work.  We are doing a green hot pad that I started and then Rebecca worked on it and then Morgan worked on it.  Hopefully I can get it down this afternoon.

On the 23rd of July we had a family dinner and invited Whit's mission president, his wife and some of her other mission buddies.  We had a great time and once again it was nice to be able to share the backyard with people.  I still love spending as much time as possible out there.

Essie having some Alaskan Mud.  I will have to post that recipe sometime.  It was a hit.

So this is the famous Pres. Cruz and his wife.  Look how cute Whit's hair is.  She was a stunner
To celebrate the 24th we had a big breakfast in the morning and then we got together for a little Mexican food for dinner.  Nothing says "Happy Pioneer Day" like a little Mi Ranchito's.  Then we went and saw the fireworks and the day ended literally with a big bang.  Tenny and Banner had the firework experience of their lives.  It was a night to remember.  Thank heavens none of us ended up in the burn unit.



Then Liz and I went to the Opera Festival in Logan.  We had a great time and were very entertained by our new favorite baritone Mark Womack.  I wish that more of you could have been there with us.  Lizzy and I followed in Banner's footsteps.  We both got a little crush on Sky Masterson.  While we were up there we found a cute little fabric/quilt store.  There were some amazing things to look at and of course we had to each pick up some fabric.  Our collections of fabric were just not large enough, we needed to add some pieces.


Here was a very cute quilt that we saw.  We thought that Jenny could probably whip this up.




When we were going in to be seated for "The Sound of Music"  everyone started to stand and we were not sure what the commotion was about.  Then in walked the prophet.  At the very last minute right as the lights were going down, I decided to take the picture.  Should have done it sooner.  Anyway he was a row behind us and a few seats down.  It was a really great play.


Then I had one of my great ideas, a family camping trip.  Morgan was going to be in town and why not have our last horray before the kids go back to school.  So John, Josh and their families, Whit, Morgan, girls, Becky and Noah and myself were going to head up Big Cottonwood Canyon on Friday night.  This has happened to us about 3 times now.   Note to self, " never go camping in Aug. without reservations"  But we were flexible and durable and made the best of the situation.  We had a nice hotdog roast in the canyon and even had a rattlesnake scare and Morgan got some great pics of the kids.  

Whit.  She is thinking of that rattlesnake that she just saw and wondering why they can't be killed with a shovel.  Who cares if they are on the Endangered Species List.
Gabe enjoying the flashlight and preparing for the Sardines game

The girlies are enjoying the dirt.  
Hanny looking all grown up

Kelsie chewing on heaven knows what





Jonas having fun being outside.
Last weekend we had a family dinner because Seth was going to be returning home and we wanted to all get to see him.  Liz and Banner were also there.  


The kids enjoying the food and the good company of their cousins.  


It was great to be able to see Seth even though it was just for a few hours.  

It has been a Summer of good memories, family get-togethers and lots of fun.  

Hope you all had a great one too.  

3 comments:

Anne Adele said...

Your summer was packed. It seems that there was something going on at your house every week. You are the hostess with the mostest. I'm glad that you had such a busy fun-filled summer. I loved the dish towels.

Stacy said...

It has been a great summer! This weekend will make it even better.

Alan and Shelley said...

What is the deal with the Chinese comments. I clicked on one of their comments and it took me to some Porno site about chinese sex. You should look into who is leaving them and delete them when they come up. I'm glad you had such a good summer, they always go way to fast for me, and this year was the worst. I'm going to try to be home for next year summer. I will go to the operas with you guys. Everyone looks great and I'm especially glad you're enjoying your backyard.