I am sitting here waiting for my R.S. pres. to show up and for Andrew's new renter to call or show up and so I thought I could use my time to do a blog update. I was down home for Labor Day weekend and Whit's birthday. It was so rejuvenating. I forgot my camera and so I don't have any pics, but Jenny has some good ones. I had some great moments and wanted to share them with you. I loved picking peaches for the traditional September peach cobbler. I loved riding the 4 wheeler with Banner on Monday morning. I loved going to the Castle Dale 1st ward and seeing a lot of faces that I remember and love. I loved eating Whit's birthday dinner. It was so delicious. Everything was cooked to perfection. No wonders I love food so much. I loved running with Liz in the mornings. Yes, these old bones have started running again. It has been 20 years since I ran and I am trying it out again. So far so good. I loved talking with Whitney on the drive down and the drive back up. It was such a nice, quiet, relaxed weekend and just what I needed. I just had a visit with my R.S. president to learn more about my Compassionate Service responsibilities. I am really excited about this calling and hope I can get to know the sister's better as I serve.
3 comments:
I'm glad you guys had such a great weekend. I loved looking at the pictures on Jenny's blog, especially the horse ones. It looked like a delicious meal and I'm still craving the red cabbage. That's so great that you started running again! I just got done running on my mom's treadmill while watching the last episode of Medium, the one where she dies.... :) Anyway have fun at the fair when you go and thanks again for getting the shoes for Zack, big help!
It sounds like you had a great weekend. I'm glad that it was extra long for all of you. I saw Jenny's pictures and you sure are right. They are so much fun to look at. I liked the cake and the turkey. I'm sure that you will excel at your new calling. You are a very caring person and quick to understand the needs of people. I know you will arranging for lots of meals to be taken into homes, and babysitting, and maybe some unusual needs will arise. I see you facing it all with calmness and caring.
I need to have a weekend just like this!
stacy
Post a Comment