It is 10:00pm and the urge to blog has struck. I of course don't have any fantastic things to share or remarkable pictures to post. I am in the mood to blog so there you go. You get what you get. I wish I could blog while laying in my bed but I have an ailment I like to call Laptop Deltoid, much like Tennis Elbow. When I write or surf the net while laying down my right upper arm gets very achy and sore and so I am preventing this tonight by sitting in my clean sewing/office room instead of my usual reclining position. You are probably wondering how I have tulips this early. They are actually an apology gift from someone at work for being disruptive while I was teaching at a workshop. I was a little embarrased to receive them. But I can never say no to flowers. So they are hanging out in my kitchen with me.
Speaking of flowers, talk about the slow poke Amaryllis. They bloomed this week and I may even have some more blooms come Valentines or Pres. Weekend. Word to self, don't by amaryllis bulbs at Walmart anymore.
So I have been on this organization kick the past few weeks. For any of you who saw my sewing/office room recently you were probably ready to call the Hoarder's TV show. I know it was very scary and I cannot believe I let it get that bad. I should have taken a before picture but sort of glad that I didn't. So Whitney helped me organize the room last Saturday. I have been walking past it all week and I have to just stop and see how nice it looks. I tackled two other cluttered spaces today in my home. My garage and junk cupboard are next on the list.
We color coded fabrics and even did some nice storing of future pojects in these containers. I have even been working on one of those so called future projects this week.
I am nearly done with a set of dish towels. Anyone recognize these nice Italian vegetables. Speaking of Melanzana, I have one in my fridge and need to come up with a good Eggplant recipe. Anyone have any ideas.
I have nearly finished this quilt. It is in the final stage of the binding. I just got it back in the mail from Jenny. This quilt is for my bishop and his wife. It is their first baby and I wanted to do a quilt from the minute I heard she was expecting. I still have the quilt that someone made me when Dad was bishop. I think this baby should have the same. Sort of a little legacy from one bishop's baby to another. I was very proud of myself in the fabric choice. I used all scrap fabric that I already had. I did end of buying the flannel backing but that was it. Talk about resourceful. I even made up the pattern. Well I sort of combined a few that I have seen.
You can see the quilting a little better from this angle. Jenny did an exceptional job. And talk about promptness. I think she received it in the mail and had it for probably a total of 24 hours before she shipped back to me.
I put a soft polka dot flannel on the back. I always think that babies need soft flannel on their quilts. Anyway thanks Jen for helping me out, with once again another quilt project.
Our stake had a Women's Conference today. We have them every January and they are great. They had Chad Hawkins speak. He is the artist that draws and paints the temples. He shared some wonderful stories. Did any of you know that when the St. George Temple was being built that the women actually donated their hair to mix with the mortar to make it stick together better. He actually was given a piece of this mortar with some hair in it that he still has. He says it helps him to remember the sacrifice that the saints are willing to make for their temples. Also the Jordan River Temple President Chamberlain and his wife spoke. His wife is actually Rex E. Lee's wife Janet. She married this man after Rex died and this man lost his wife suddenly when he was serving as the Nauvoo Mission President. She shared a cute story. As the temple matron her office is next to the children's area where they are prior to being sealed to their parents. She was talking to a 5 year old just after he was sealed. She asked what was his favorite part of the temple. He stated " I liked all of the grandmas in their white nightgowns." Is that not the truth. That is one of the things I like best about the temple. All of the wonderful sisters who work there.
I have made a goal to make temple worship a priority for me this year. I want to go and enjoy the temple and not have it be a task that I have to get done.
I hope that January has been a fruitful month for all of you. It ended better than it started and has turned out to be a good month for me. Hopefully a good start to a good year.




4 comments:
It seems like you have accomplished a lot this month. How nice to have flowers to brighten up your house. I'm pretty sure that your bishop and his wife and the baby will love the quilt, it is so cute. You did a very nice job.
Looks like you've been busy! I really like that quilt, such nice shades and tints of blue and the pattern is cute. I am recommending a recipe for eggplant sausage baked rigatoni. Go to food network.com and search for that recipe and a Tyler Florence ultimate recipe should come up along with others. Just sub Italian turkey sausage and it will be lower in calories. I made it and really liked it. It makes a huge casserole, so maybe half would be best. And only if you like eggplant will you like this. It's delicious. Hope to see you sometime in Feb.
I was charmed by your dish towels and then charmed again by the blue baby quilt. It is so nice. It is good that you had flannel put on the back. It will so warm and snuggly. I smiled about the grandmas in their white nightgowns. I too need to get to the temple more often. That is one of my 2011 goals.
I love the quilt and I too have an eggplant sitting in my fridge. I have had that recipe my mom suggested. I forgot about it and will try and make that sometime this week. I hope your basil is growing well that you bought at Harmons while we were down. We will be coming down for President's weekend. We will probably be coming down on Thursday the 17th. We need to get to IKEA and we are registered to have a booth at the SaltCON game convention on the 18th and 19th. I don't know how long those days will be but we will probably stay on until Monday or Tuesday. Anyway it will be a nice getaway for a bit. I think I'll suggest that my parents come down that weekend too. We'll see though
Post a Comment