Today I flew to the John Wayne Airport in O.C. California to join Morgan, Andrew, Zack and the girlies on vacation. After picking me up at the airport it was planned that we should go to Newport Beach and take in the sights and smells. And smells there were. I love the ocean but it always takes me a few minutes to get used to the smell. We walked along the pier and ate lunch at Ruby's Diner at the very end of the pier.
At the end of the pier by the diner there were all of these Asian fisherman with their stinky bait. We decided to tough out the smell and eat outside anyway. We had a lovely lunch that was only slightly ruined when I discovered bird poop on my shoulder and supposedly my face. That was a nice surprise. I thought it was raining, it was raining seagull bird poop. NICE!
Here is Leah enjoying her lovely caramel malt that she saw on the menu and insisted on having. It was yummy.
We enjoyed a fun day on the beach and Morgan got some great pictures that I am sure she will post.
After leaving Newport Beach we hopped on the Balboa Ferry. It holds 3 cars and any other pedestrians, cyclists, etc. who want to come aboard. It was a quick ferry trip but still fun today. Balboa island is full of fun little beach houses that are probably worth millions. After that we wound our way to Anaheim to find our hotel. We had a good taste of some nasty rush hour traffic So.Cal. style. Andrew was patient and got us safely to our destination. Tomorrow will be a big day. It will be our first of 3 days at the Happiest Place on Earth.




1 comment:
Darn!, it looks like it was overcast and sweater weather. I guess there was no swimming in the ocean. Oh well, you can always swim at your hotel. Have great fun the next few days. Alan and I have been patiently waiting for Morgan to post, but NOTHING! I was wanting to see pics of Sea World, Anne, and Camille and Jack. Alan is getting anxious to hear from anyone there. Maybe we're going to have to call. Does everyone have their cell phones? I'm glad you went to Newport beach, I love that place nd the diner on the pier. So fun, we were there last Feb.
Post a Comment