I am sure that most of you have received your letter from Nancy in the mail. I of course have been thinking of her non-stop since I found out. I was able to find a blog that she and Paul are doing. I read the story or as much as they have posted and just cried thinking about how scary it must be to go through something like that. I am also thinking of my sweet Visiting Teacher who is battling bone cancer that has metastacized from her breast cancer. We visited her on Sunday and found her upbeat but fatigued. Then a few nights later we were visiting another sister in the ward who's husband is dealing with stomach cancer and having his stomach removed. He was wretching in the bathroom while we were there. It was agonizing to hear him. Then I got the letter from Nancy and now today I am thinking about Mom on her birthday and how she would have been 82 but for the cancer that took her life. I went to my knees tonight to start my fast and asked the Lord "what's the deal with cancer." I did not receive an answer. I do know that in all the suffering and tribulations and loss we are made stronger. Maybe that is "what's the deal with cancer" I emailed Nancy and she just called me and we spoke for about an hour. Considering all that she is going through we were still able to have a laugh and have a good talk. I added her blog to my blog list. It is called A Bump in the Road. I went back to August to read the whole story. It is quite the journey she has found herself on.
2 comments:
After reading her blog and Jenny's forward from her, all I can say is "gosh Darn it! But she is amazingly upbeat and positive and so is Paul. I have been on my iPad researching and reading all about this BRCA2 gene. I have emailed Camille and asked her to tell me anything she knows about the cancer in Alan's family. I'm going to talk to my insurance this week and then decide about the genetic testing.
This story made me cry! It sounds like they have lots of support which is so great. I will keep their family in prayers.
Post a Comment