Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring is Here, At Least in My Yard

My life is rarely blog worthy but I notice that I have not posted anything since December and I see that Lizzy has managed a blog update so it must be my turn to update too.  The weather has been so mild this month that Spring has come early.  I actually had my daffodil bulbs coming up in February.  Now my yard is definately in bloom. 
I have not used my camera for a few months.  I got out and did some yard work this morning and thought it might be nice to snap a few pictues. 
There is something about blue and yellow together.  One of my favorite color combos.  I should really be able to smell the hyacinths in a day or so.

I don't have a forsythia bush in my yard but thankfully my neighbor to the East does.  I love the look with the white fence. 
When I bought these daffodil bulbs it was under the impression that the centers would be pink.  It never happened.  My soil is probably not acidic enough or something crazy like that.  This year I can enjoy them instead of being annoyed with them. 
I was going to thin these lily's again but Hannah talked me out of it.  The foilage is a nice green.  It does look good in the bed, for now anyway.  They will soon take over.
I just ran across this picture in my computer.  My yard definately looks different from when I bought it.  It was not very inviting when it looked like that.
So back a few months ago when Jonas would call me on a nightly basis he would always ask when we were going to go on a trip.  He wanted to go with me and no one else and wanted to fly.  We had a few conversations and then I didn't think too much about it until I got this letter from him in the mail reminding me of his plans.  It's a keeper.  Although I am afraid he is going to be disappointed in me.  I am not taking any big trips this year because I am going to redo my kitchen instead.  I have my cupboards, countertops and flooring picked out.  Wish me luck.  It is going to be crazy around my place for a month or more while this all gets done.  I have not scheduled it to be started yet.  My guess is that I will get the cupboards ordered this week.  I hope to at least.  I can't wait.  I have this picture in my mind of what it is goint to look like.  I hope it will look even better.  Then I will definately have something to post about.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Good luck with your kitchen. It will be worth it when it's done, even though it is WAY over your original budget

Alan and Shelley said...

when you said "I have this picture in my mind," I thought I was going to see a real picture. Your flowers look very beautiful. I love your neighbor's forsythia. lovely.

liz and dennis said...

your flowers are beautiful. we were in slc yesterday for rs training and i loved all the spring flowers at temple square. this time of year the difference between salt lake and emery county is so evident. the grass is green and trees are blooming. it makes me impatient for my own blooms. then dennis pointed out two clumps of daffodils in my south flower bed that are blooming beautifully. but our grass is still brown as dirt. i'm excited to hear more about your kitchen and maybe see some pictures.