Since I have not blogged for a few months I thought I better buckle down and post a few things. Most of you have probably noticed that I have been pinning a lot of baby quilts. There is a sister in my ward that I wanted to do a quilt for so I went to the trusty fabric stash and started putting things together from a little pattern I found on Pinterest.
Some pieces may look a little familiar.
I put this much of the quilt together today. I still have more sashing and possibly a border to do. Jenny get ready. I am going to start quilting again. The pieces on the end have not been trimmed yet so it looks a little odd still.
A dear sweet sister from my ward passed away this week. Roxanne was my Visiting Teacher for 4 years and came faithfully each month. I always told her that she reminded me of my Mother. She died on January 21st, 16 years to the date Mom died. I found that interesting. I wanted to do something for this sweet family. They have not let us do much for them, just handling things on their own. I decided to make them some cookies. I just got home from their house. I had not cried yet about Roxanne's death until I left their house today. It brought back a lot of memories of Mom and the time we went through around her death.
Now for a lighter note, this is s from our night of games at the church during Thanksgiving weekend. The night when Essie was taken out by Josh with the first throw of dodgeball.
Who can remember this disturbing picture from the pass-along picture game.
Or this scary ballet dancer
I think this proves that we are a little twisted as a family or at least Jonas is.
Les having a little snuggle with Lily Girl at her shower.
Essie enjoying her first "big girl" party with Tenny and Whit.
Since we have not seen any wedding pictures yet I thought I would post some.
Sadly, I do not have many of the bride and groom. I was more the self-designated behind the scenes photographer. I was to capture the hidden, sometimes silly hidden moments of that day. I was successful as you will soon see. I think Tenny is crying from coldness in the above picture.
The boys just trying to stay warm.
Leslie's attention to detail paid off with beautiful centerpieces.
Maren is always good for a pose.
Playing in the window sill with a beautiful back-drop
Jason and one of his good friends.
I love this picture
I love this one too.
This is a rare occurence so we thought we better document it.
I know you all humored me with this pose. Sorry, I am silly at times. Can't be helped.
It was nice to be all together for a few days. Hope everyone is doing well. I am sure Morgan will be posting actual pictures of the bride and groom soon.




2 comments:
Lots of fun and goofy pictures! I miss that Leslie girl! Cute quilt.
Yes, I was about to post on the blog when I noticed you had posted. I love your behind the scenes photos! I wish I had the motivation to put together a quilt I have two people who need some but I'm just so busy it's hard to think that I could pull it off before the babies come. Oh well....
Post a Comment