Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day


Are there any 7 children on this Earth who are as blessed as we have been. I know that everyone thinks that about their dad's and that is great but I know that we have been given a special gift in having Dad as our earthly father. I know there is not a day that doesn't go by that he is not in our thoughts. So much of what this family has become is because of his great example of putting family first.

I am so thankful for Dad's unfailing testimony of the Gospel. I am thankful for Dad's sense of humor especially is his latter years when he would get such a kick out of everything and for the way that he could laugh at himself. I am thankful for Dad's knowledge. He knew so much and you could ask him practically anything and he would have an answer. I am thankful for his constant example of right and wrong. I am thankful for his hard work and for putting 7 kids on missions and in college and braces and countless other things that we probably didn't even know. I am especially thankful for all the love that he freely gave us. There was never any question that we were all very loved by him. We are truly blessed.

3 comments:

liz and dennis said...

yes, yes to everything you said. he was the best and it's not just his own children who think so. i don't know why we were the ones who were so lucky, but i'm thankful we were. thanks for the pictures of dad and us when we were little. i think i remind myself a little of maren with my silly posing.

Alan and Shelley said...

I'm thankful that he was our dad too. What a sweetheart he was. I miss him today, and lots of other days. I love the pictures you put on the blog, and will copy them if I can. Dad was so fun to have around. I will never forget the times I got to be with him here in Idaho and at home in CD. I will always be grateful that he came with us to Hawaii - it made it twice as nice and he was the best company. I love Morgans pictures of him looking out at the Pacific ocean. It was a wonderful time.

Jennifer said...

I love Dad so much and I miss him every day. We were truly blessed to have him as a dad and a grandpa. I love the pictures that you posted.