It has been an action packed week for many of us it sounds. Here is some proof of my busy exciting, fun week. I took Monday off and went with Morgan, Andrew, Kelsie, Hannah, Jonas and myself to Raging Waters. What a day. Lots of sun and fun. I thought I was pretty daring and tried most everything.
Here is Jonas and Hannah having fun in the wave pool. They had much more fun when they stayed in the shallow end.
Kelsie bodysurfing
We stopped and had a little lunch in the shade.
Jonas contemplating the next waterslide that he wants to go on.
More wave pool fun. Jonas experiencing pure bliss.
Lizzy had told me that 1776 in Logan was excellent and so I decided last minute to go. I took Kelsie and we stayed overnight and then came home Sunday morning to make it to the last hour of church. The play really was excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I remember watching it with Mom around the 4th. That is probably why I like the movie and then I loved the play production of it. Good Times. During the intermission we went outside and they had a balcony down to where they were serving some refreshments. The balcony was up a few stories. Kelsie and I were just looking down at the people and talking and enjoying being outside and then she dropped her chapstick. It barely missed hitting someone. She started running down the stairs to rescue it. Meanwhile she had been obsessed with this chapstick. I looked down and suddenly the chapstick was gone. This woman standing beside me said that she saw a man stop and pick it up and put it in his pocket. So Kelsie gets down there and is dumbfounded. I had to yell down to her that someone had just knicked it and put it in his pocket for his future use. Gross! What was he thinking?
Kelsie was also very obsessed with this darn book.
We stayed at the Weston Inn. We ended up watching the Olympics for a little while before the play, or I should say that I watched the Olympics and Kelsie read. Who would have thought all those years ago that Kelsie would be a big book worm.
Kelsie enjoying her cheese sticks
We ate at the famous Bluebird Cafe on mainstreet. We also found an amazing bookstore just real close to the theater. I wish it was located in SLC. There were games, music, books, art. It was just real fun to browse. Earlier we were waiting to check into our motel and we decided to walk down mainstreet. We ended up taking a tour of the the Logan Tabernacle. This funny little couple was giving us the tour and there was me, Kelsie and a man from India. So Brother and Sister Carling were the tour guides. Sis. Carling AKA Willia did the outside portion of the tour. She took us to the sculpture and then proceeded to tell us her life story. An hour later we were still listening to Willia. It was unlike any tour I have ever been on. It was really a tour of Willia's life. And she told us a little bit about Big John. Meanwhile Big John was still inside the tabernacle with the poor Indian man. I finally had to tell Willia that we had to go. She gave us big hugs and we made our getaway. She really was a sweetheart just a little bit longwinded.

Another thing this past week was that I took my YW over to Morgan's place to swim in the pool. They all seemed to really like it. We played a few games and just had a nice evening in the pool. Thanks Morgan for being so generous with the pool key.
And of course I have been enjoying lots of Olympic events. I particularly enjoyed the 400 meter relay when the U.S men won the smack talking French . We screamed so hard that we scared all the baby girls and then they were all screaming too. Looking forward to many more fun events.




3 comments:
What fun memories this family racks up together! WE KNOW HOW TO HAVE FUN!!
stacy
i'm so glad you liked '1776'; i was pretty sure you would. i wish i could go see it again. i am also enjoying the olympics and was jumping up and down during the 400 meter relay race. i was trying not to scream and wake dennis up.
leslie just got here and i'm thinking of soft things to cook for when she gets back from the dentist. jenny and jim come over a lot because they have no kitchen to speak of. we're cooking lots, but most of it is atkins friendly and then leslie can't eat milk products. i guess we'll have stuff from the garden.
Ahh, I haven't been to a water theme park for such a long time! It looks like so much fun..Wish i could have been there.. I find myself getting more and more jealous when I miss fun family things.. I wonder if there is a pill i can get on to treat it? ;)..
I can't wait to see all you guys this weekend!
Post a Comment