Sunday, October 5, 2008

It Flew By.

So I look forward to these 2 conference weekends every year and it just seemed to fly by as usual. I thought the talks were great. Everything seemed so relevant to me and my life. I loved Pres. Uchtdorf's talk on Hope and Elder Holland's talk on Angels and of course many more of them that I can't recall. I really liked Elaine S. Dalton's talk too about being able to do anything with the help of the Lord. I wish that we had conference quarterly instead of 2 times a year.
I am so thankful for the Spirit that I felt that confirms the things that I have been taught. Did any of you have a favorite talk that resonated with you? I would like to hear what you all thought. I hope that Whitney got the chance again to see it.
I spent a little time over at Josh at Stacy's this weekend. Jonas did a little posing by the Aspen
Notice Hannah's fine hairdo. Morgan found a blog that this woman does about doing different hairstyles for young girls. Morgan did them on the three girls that have enough hair for styles. Hopefully someone will post Kelsie's style because it was very cute.
This is of course one of the styles. Stacy did this one this morning. Two weeks ago we needed to distract Maren while some of us played a board game. I had her set up in the high chair doing what I called "homework". Well the idea has really taken off and so she is always doing her homework. She will be such a good student. Notice the little southpaw action going on.
Esme discovered the joys of cheese today. She much preferred the cheddar over the cheerios. I can hardlly blame her.

This weekend we also got to celebrate Buddy's birthday on Saturday. He got a new groovy set of wheels. He was showing me how the brakes worked and nearly ran into my car.
Talk about obsessed. Jonas got a DS Nintendo for his birthday as well. He and Hannah brought them over to my house and entertained themselves for a few hours. I tried to play a little Mario and lasted about 5 seconds.


I was able to put up my second batch of salsa for this year. I hope to get one more batch done and maybe some tomatoes put up before the frost takes everything. I think I will move some of the tomatoes on the vine into my garage and see what happens.
My newest retro find. I was looking for one of these on Ebay and could not find one in good enough shape. I found this at Target. I guess Fisher Price is starting to remake some of their old toys. Goodie. I also found a Little Mommy book that they had republished. I bought it for a few dollars. Now I have 3 copies of it. I am beginning to sound like Dennis.



Last weekend we had Madi's birthday. Can you believe 19 years old. It is crazy. I remember when she was born. I did not get to see her until her blessing. I remember thinking that she was beautiful. She had a little pixie face and I fell in love with it. I still love that face and her personality and everything else about her. Now she is balancing a job and college. Where does the time go.



4 comments:

Alan and Shelley said...

The time goes way too fast. It is hard to believe tht Madi is 19. If she were a boy she would be leaving on a mission soon. I love the pics of the kids. And the tomatoes can be taken on the vine and stored that way, however, the tomatoes lose alot of their juciness because there is no water too keep them hydrated. they will keep, just not as well, so you will have to use them fast. i did it twice and it worked for me, but the tomatoes got a little tough is all. I loved all the conference talks and am so glad that I could listen to all of them and take some notes. Of course I had some favoraites, but I am always drawn to Pres. Monson, Eyring, and I loved elder Ballards talk about the pioneers and elder Oaks talk about Sacrament meeting. I also loved elder Holland and Perry's talks. OK I loved them all.

Stacy said...

Well, as you know it is a little hard to watch conference at my house. Yesterday went really well with the conference books. This morning was great because Jonas and Hannah were at your house, Kelsie was with Maddie. They really aren't the problem at all! I got Maren, Essie, and Josh down for naps and watched all by myself. That will probably never happen again. Thanks for all your help and the gift for Jonas!

Jennifer said...

How great that you were able to find that clock. Jim, Tennyson and I were watching Apollo 13 just a few days ago and in one of the scenes it showed a little boy holding one of those clocks. Just seeing it brought back a lot of memories. Old toys are the best.

Anne Adele said...

Your last post said you not busy at all and now there's so much going on you can't seem to get to it all. Aren't our lives so varied? Madi is nineteen. That means Zack and Rachel are next. We got a while to go. I loved conference. My favorites were pretty much the same as Shelley's, but I especially enjoyed Elder Wirthlin's talk and the story about his daughter's blind date. Even my kids laughed at that.