Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Past Week

No pictures, just updates.  So I had the opportunity last Sat. to go to the temple with Stacy and her family for the sealing.  It was very spiritual and beautiful.  I think I got more emotional that Stacy and Bridgette did.  What is up with that?  It was amazing to see the family surrounding the altar.  What a beautiful sight.  Then later on that day I went down to Lindon to Jaren's wedding reception.  BTW we gave him a very nice Cuisinart ice cream maker and ice cream scoop.  It was paid for by the slush fund, or it will be soon anyway.  It was nice to catch up with Aunts, Uncles and Cousins.  Then on Sunday I got released from my YW's calling and had to speak in church.  I have mixed feelings about the release but I am going to try and move on and give my all to my next calling which will really be a switch up, but also a very good learning experience as I get in touch with my "Compassionate Service" roots. It has been quite busy this week with work retreats, last YW's activity, etc.  I have been suffering a little with the Plantar Fasciitis and so I went to the podiatrist today.  I was determined that my feet would look good even though they are a little painful.  So I painted and trimmed my toenails a few days ago.  I was hoping my feet would look really good compared to all the other patient's feet that the doc would see that day.  You know my feet are one of my best features, so I take a little pride in them.  So he ended up giving me a Cortisone shot and telling me to keep up with the orthotic wearing and then he looked at my toes and said.  "Hey, I like your toenail polish and by the way, yours are the best looking feet I have seen all day"   I laughed and said  "That was my goal."  Little did he know I was serious.

6 comments:

Anne Adele said...

Compassionate service. Wow. The Relief Society President will have you on speed dial. You'll probably know a lot more about what is going on in the ward. I'm glad that you had the prettiest feet. Cute looking feet can be very important. By the way Maurie is coming out to SLC. He may be taking on GE health as a client. He'll be there Labor day weekend. The company is paying his way and putting him up, but I hope that he'll be able to get together with you all. I'll call with more details in a bit.

Stacy said...

Bridge and I have our private moments. I was just trying to pay attention to what the guy said. I cried all the way home from the airport yesterday! Cute feet are a priority!

The Schauerhamers said...

haha that's so funny! I take pride in my feet too even though they are wide and pudgy. I think I just like that they are small in size. Oh well Good luck in your calling and thanks for updating us on all of that. I think I forget to update on just our "happenings". I'll try and do that more often.

Alan and Shelley said...

You're so vain! I can't stand that your feet are cuter than mine. You should see my feet right now, they're permanently stained brown. One of the first things I'm going to do when I get home in Novemeber is have a pedicure.

liz and dennis said...

we all have our little vanities, n'est pas? (is dropping french phrases one of mine, i wonder?) i'm not vain about the appearance of my feet, but i worry about them nevertheless; i want to keep them healthy and functional to carry me around for many years to come. i should go paint my toenails or something and trim them too as they are long enough to make holes in my socks and i am vain about my socks, you know.

Jennifer said...

I am NOT vain about my feet, in fact I rarely let anyone outside of the family see them. I have been taking better care of them with my "Ped Egg" and "Heeltastic". I think you are very compassionate and so will do well in your new calling.