Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 2 of Vacation


 So we left our cozy lodgings in Cedar City this morning to get on the road for California.  BTW Brooks makes really good, big pancakes.  We stopped in Baker, California for a little lunch.  I wanted to eat at the Mad Greek but it looked a little crazy with all of the Aphrodite statues so we went across the street to something was familiar to me.  Bob's Big Boy.  Remember the days in Cedar City and Price and a few other places with the Big Boy.  We were there with the senior crowd.   Then we drove to Barstow where we stopped at the outlet stores to do a little birthday shopping for Leah.   Lets just say she's going to look cute in her new outfit.  Then we drove per the MapQuest directions to Buena Park, California.  We are staying at the Radisson.  I know it looks like the jungle.  But that is just our courtyard.  It is pretty lush here.

 We will be taking a dip in this pool later on.  We have to get brave enough to put on our bathing suites and take the plunge.  

 We had some much luggage because we are staying for 9 days that we had to load it all on this cart.   It was really hard to steer and Whitney could not make it turn and we were running into things and had to make about a 10 point turn to actually get in the elevator, or the lift as Raj said.  He was the guy that checked us in.  
 In the courtyard is a big impressive fountain.
I was taking a walk around the courtyard and becoming familiar with my surroundings since this is going to be my home for 4 days.  I noticed a little pile of what I thought were cumquats.  Then one dropped from the above tree.  Whitney says that they are the palm seeds and have palm oil inside them.  

When we were checking in we noticed couples coming into the Hotel sort of dressed up.  I figured there must be a wedding somewhere in the hotel.  When I was doing my touring I came across this room set up and lookin ready for a party.  It is literally across from our room.  Whitney just saw the bride and groom going into the wedding party.  We are not sure how we feel about this.  We are trying to figure out where to go for dinner.  I suggested being wedding crashers.  Except I left my gownless evening strap at home.  Darn I guess we will have to actually go out and pay for our dinner.  


4. As you stroll through California Adventure, you might be able to hear some orchestral arrangements of songs by a famous California band. Which band?



7 comments:

The Schauerhamers said...

What a fun place to be staying! I think you whould have crashed the wedding and what's with the number 4. at the bottom of the post? I will make a guess it's the beginning of a California Vacay quiz. Um..... Beatles? :) Keep us updated on your fun adventures in the Golden State.

P.S. Can't wait to see Leah's outfit!

The Schauerhamers said...

BTW if your blog posts aren't showing up on other blog lists then that's what was going on with mine while I was down there. This is what I did to fix it, I went to Dashboard and then you scroll down and see the "Reading List" then you click "Add". Then you add your URL which is your blog address with the HTTP:// as well. Don't ask me why that fixes it but it does. Try it and we'll see what happens.

Alan and Shelley said...

It looks like a great place to stay for four days, wish I were there with you. I guess that you might hear the beach boys since they are so caleefornaiayan.

The Schauerhamers said...

Looks like that fixed it. or something did. So sorry I put Beatles, I am full aware that the Beatles are not a California band.... I missed the CALIFORNIAN part. SIlly me, my guess would also be the Beach Boys.

Alan and Shelley said...

OK you probably already know this, but now we can't see all your little side pictures and things, or is it just me?

Jennifer said...

Seeing that "Big Boy" statue made me start craving french toast like we used to have in Cedar. It was the best. I wonder if Brooks could learn to make that. I will guess the Beach Boys also and can I change my answer yesterday to MONORAIL. I wasn't thinking of that as a ride, I don't know why.

Anne Adele said...

I agree with Morgan that you should have gone to the wedding party. Actually it's kinda fun ti think about doing something like that, but I would never do it. I like the palm trees in your courtyard. How exotic and of course i"m voting for the Beach Boys too. Thanks for the post.