
Well, I finally got it done. I have been trying to secretly work on Madison's graduation gift. Well, not so secretly for some but secretly for her. I think it turned out very cute. She seemed to like it too.

I had bought a kit of these 4 inch squares. I decided to just do a very patchy quilt and use them randomly instead of doing a pattern.

I wasn't so sure about the dark fabric. But I think it really makes the quilt.

When I was down in Castle Dale I used Lizzy's new sewing machine to do really cute quilting stitches. Actually she did a lot of it. I didn't really have plans to do all that. I mainly wanted to use her machine to do the quilting. It was Lizzy's idea to do all the extra stuff. I am glad that she suggested them all. Lizzy is all about the journey or the experience. I am all about getting the task done and checking it off the list. I am trying to be a little bit more like her and enjoying the learning process instead of always focusing on the getting it done.

This is a little hard to see but it says "Love Aunt Sara 2008"

Arden came out for Madison's graduation and to spend a little time out here for the Summer.

Arden got her braces!
3 comments:
the quilt looks so cute. i've been anxious to see pictures of it all finished. i keep thinking of those little tucks in the back and wishing i had fixed them, maybe sometime i can. good to see arden also; i didn't know she was getting braces.
the swaseys are all moved in and getting settled next door. they seem very nice. it's raining here and everything looks so green, i like this moist feeling because it's so rare in castle dale. maybe i should take some pictures of that.
Everyone may think I'm nuts, but I looked at the picture of Madi, and I think she looks so much like you in that picture. She has such a natural prettiness. With her smile and beautiful blue eyes and her hair just looks like some blonde Scandinavian beauty. I love the quilt, Nice job, I'm sure she loves it. How fun for her to get such a nice gift from her aunt Sara. Arden will soon have beautiful teeth like Madi.
The quilt turned out very nice. I need to get one started for Maren's bed. I should come over and go through your books.
Post a Comment