Tuesday, April 8, 2008

6th Destination

I now find myself located in another beautiful destination. This is a very old port city with great history.
Another gorgeous view of the city.

I always seem to end up at the beach. I guess it is because I love to wear swimming suits so much.

This city has quite a few narrow little streets and walkways. It is all very picturesque and very European looking.

The code of arms of the city


A little local food. I love the seafood in this dish.


The shopping center of town. This was a wonderful city to visit. I hope you all enjoyed coming with me.


8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Spain is wonderful country, and Cadiz is an especially beautiful city.

Jennifer said...

I meant to say Spain IS a wonderful country.

Jennifer said...

Sorry, it is me again. Just a of info. It is pronounced "ca-deeth".
I also found out is was originally a Phoenician settlement and is the longest continually inhabited city in western Europe. Just thought Alan would like to know.

The Schauerhamers said...

Cadiz, Spain! I got the hing from Ticket to Ride! oh and the music

Stacy said...

What's wrong with our typing and spelling today? Ha! Cadiz. It's lucky I just watched that movie recently.

Alan and Shelley said...

I have been at a disadvantage, never having seen the north and south movie, and not being a player of ticket to ride. I did know the music sounded like spain or Portugal, so I looked up Port Cities in Spain and found Cadiz, first try. What does it have to do with North and South? I thought that was all in England. And thanks to Jenny for all the extra info.

Maurie said...

Anne Adele says Cadiz. I am too familiar with North and South. It was an obsession a couple months ago. The music has a very sad story connected to it. The composer wrote after his wife was killed in the civil war in the thirties.

Alan and Shelley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.