The aforementioned dish is ACTUALLY a southern African, vegetarian stew by the name of Chakalaka. Sounds like a definition that we would use in the game of bladderdash(Balderdash). I am glad that I have been able to give you a winter hobby with the blogging of my travels. Keep up the good research and the comments, even though some are INCORRECT J/K : )
The bump in the road has grown.
6 years ago





3 comments:
Apparently I need to defend my overzealous interest in your Web Log of travels. If you notice the abnormal time of which my last response was had something to do with a delayed side effect of eating massive amounts of fried shrimp the night before. So at 3 A.M. with Pepto Bismol in one hand and the mouse clicking in the other I noticed your new post. My interest in Botswana led me to sharing googled facts that I otherwise would not likely look up. I first thought your dish looked similar to "cous cous" which a family from Algeria (northern Africa) taught us to make while on my mission. The site talked about Serobe (the goat dish) and a vegetarian millet/sorghum based porridge called begobe. The fun was mostly to do about the goat intestine ingredients.
I really am disappointed to find out that your travel game is an exhibition and not a competition and the grand prize of a free toaster was just a rumor.
Alan, first of all I hope that there will be no longstanding side effects of your shrimp dinner. Secondly I have very much enjoyed your participation in my travels and hope to have the continued participation in the future, as I will be moving on to a new destination soon. Kelsie is beside me and thinks that she wants to come along on this next trip. We shall see.
Post a Comment